Thursday, April 24, 2008

tough day

Yesterday was a rough day. Mark was exhausted for most of the day. This stuff is really setting in and taking its toll. He managed to get to Andy's baseball game last night but went right home to bed. I have not seen him this morning but heard the shower going. This is hard for him because he is such a get up and go person and feels frustrated that he can't beat the exhaustion. I think he can count on this middle week to be his worst and then start to feel better again in the 3rd week. (just in time to go back in and do it all again) I got up and dragged a friend to the gym with me at 5:15. It was rough but we finished. My mom's birthday is sunday so don't forget to call and wish her at happy 70th. I love you mom.
love,
jen

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know I'll call your Mom Sunday on our way back to NC. My thoughts and prayers are still with you all. I know it is not easy! Chemo really takes a toll on you and drains you.
The best thing is just let him sleep if he has no energy to get up and do anything. Just stay as upbeat and positive as possible and try to keep everything in a new normal routine as you can..... If you ever need to talk or vent you know how to find me.
I love you !
Hugs and kisses to the 4 of you!

Kendra

Kathy C. said...

Jen,

I am having a lot of technical difficulties trying to post a blog for Mark.

Please let him know that I think of him all of the time. You guys too. I've been reading and each day I pray that all of you remain strong.

Someday I will figure this out....

My love to all of you,
Kathy Cichocki

James Dalton said...

In the immortal words of Pink Floyd...Is there anybody out there?

Anonymous said...

Hey Partner. Sorry to hear that Thursday was tough. Hope the days since have been better. We knew this wouldn't be easy, right? But, the end result WILL be worth the fight!

Really looking forward to seeing you in St. Louis. Take care man. I'll call you Monday.