Tuesday, April 8, 2008

a tough day

My mom and I are finally home after 14 hrs at the hospital. Mark had a rough day but I believe he is on the mend. they were unable to go thru the front of his neck so they ended up going in on his upper right side with 3 incisions to get the tumor sample. The surgeon was able to get 15-20 chunks of the bastard. He was and is still in intensive care with a drainage tube in his side because they had to collapse his right lung in order to get to the tumor. He is heavily sedated and groggy still from the spinal they gave him with morphine when he was in surgery. He needs to sleep and sleep and sleep. I love him so much. My mom was my eternal rock today. I am so happy she was here with me and made it possible for me to get thru the day. We will head back tomorrow early in the morning. For now, I must lay my head down. Thank you to all of my wonderful family and friends for everything.
Jen

No comments: