Thursday, April 10, 2008

home sweet home

We are finally home. Mark just popped 2 vicodin and is resting comfortably. The pain is pretty much concentrated where the chest tube was inserted. My mom had our bed changed and made and ready for slumber. The laundry is completely done and my freezer is stocked for a month with meals. She is amazing. My dad should arrive from charlottesville around 5ish. We are expecting BIG storms tonight so we will batten down the hatches and hang on to each other. Our experience at Methodist hospital in Indy was wonderful. I have a new understanding of how hard nurses work for us. We had 6 nurses in 2 days (3 in icu and 3 in the regular room) and they were ALL angels in disguise. Thank you to all of them. Keep us in your prayers for chemo could possibly start Monday as opposed to wed. I'll keep you all updated.

Thank you, thank you, thank you,
love,
jen

2 comments:

Warren said...

I agree Jen, nurses are special people

Melody Fellows said...

Ditto, they ARE angels in disguise and none of them need wings. I'm happy your M & D are making your life more comfortable for this next transition Jen. Mark's on the rise.