Saturday, September 13, 2008

BUSINESS AS USUAL



Well, it looks like business as usual for the Costners. We seem to be getting back into some sort of NORMAL routine since our last positive visit with Dr. Bhatia. He suggested we get on with our lives and just breath a sigh of relief after each CT scan. There are still some residual masses in the abdominal area but for all we know they could be scar tissue or just dead cancer that may never leave his body. Because the tumor was so big, the Dr. said he might always show something on scans. As long as it doesn't grow we are OK.




Mark has jumped back into work much more quickly than I would have liked. He went from a low key stay at home atmosphere to full out travel mode. I can't say how wonderful Everpure has been through this whole surreal scenario. He has never been with a company that ever truly appreciated what he could bring to the table. I think I might have to write a thank you note!




We are headed to Crown Point this morning to celebrate a few birthdays. I can't believe I have a 16 year old. The kids are doing great in school and between swimming and cheerleading, there is not a lot of down time. I guess it is good to stay busy, huh?




My mom and sister Carrie were here last week and we had a great visit with lots of laughs. I am excited for my two girls weekends coming up in November. It will be great to catch up with friends and let some of the past 7 months go.




I need to thank you all once again for all of your notes, emails, blogs and well wishes. Someone said, "If you let people show you themselves... they really will." I have been shown many beautiful sides of many wonderful people lately and it makes my heart sing. Thank you, thank you, thank you.




love,


Jen

No comments: