Wednesday, May 14, 2008

SLOWIN DOWN


Hey guys,


Haven't blogged in a while. That doesn't sound right. Just returned from filling up my van to the tune of $74.00. ughh! I will be housebound for a while with those prices. Also went to the post office and we had a rate hike there too. man-o-man, it's scarey out there.


Marky mark is in an exhausted state right now and can hardly lift a limb. He says his legs feel like bricks. This happened on the last round also. It lasted about 3 days and then he began to gain some strength. We have to remember that the drugs are a cumulative thing in his system and that with each round, he will be weaker and weaker. He has been very conscious about shaking hands and getting too close to people. He can't afford to catch anything.


I have just popped homemade philly cheese steaks in the oven to melt. yum. Mark's appetite is ravenous with all those steroids in him. He has lost 20 pounds and looks great. I believe that is mostly due to the absence of ANY alcohol in the past 2 months. I, of course, have had to double up on my intake so my bloat is lookin good!


Thanks for keeping up with us. We appreciate the love and prayers. Can you add one more prayer to your list? Pray for my friend Terri. Just pray good thoughts.


Love,

Jen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mark, How are you doing? I love your base jumping videos!!! I don't think I would ever do that but it makes me feel like you can put space around what is happening in your life. I don't even know if that makes sense? But I know that lymphoma and all the Chemo side effects will pass and you will be left with a strong sense of who you are and where your heading. I know these side effects are hell right now and your mind wants to do what your body can't. Frustrating!!!! Just know that Gods arms are wrapped around you and if you slip he will always catch you. You are in my prayers. Love Karen and Nickie